Posted Jan 23
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
This employer requests that only candidates in United Kingdom apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not United Kingdom, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
Due to continued growth our client within the telecommunications industry are looking for experienced Solution Architects, ideally with a Consultancy background, to play a key role in a range of high profile projects delivering complex solutions to Enterprise clients. You will have a broad technical background and previous experience in lead roles on major application development or systems integration projects. You will also have a proven track record in architecting, designing and delivering scalable, robust and secure enterprise solutions. With first class customer facing skills and a genuine passion for quality / professional delivery, you will be looking for a new challenge with a company that genuinely recognises and rewards its star performers.
Role and Responsibilities
You will operate as a Senior Consultant who establishes the working relationship with our customers following the initial establishment of a commercial relationship.
You will provide the customer with their first experience of delivery capability and approach and must therefore be able to deliver a high standard of day to day consultancy as well as be responsible for client relationships, managing feedback, ensuring satisfaction and taking ownership of risk.
The scope of the role is to define end-to-end solutions that demonstrably meet business requirements. The role requires a broad technical knowledge of systems, systems integration and the ability to learn new technologies and skills as required.
* Translate business requirements (both functional and non-functional) into a solution, ensuring compliance with the organisations strategy, policies and standards
* Lead the development of and communicate technical architecture views, standards and roadmaps to stakeholders and project teams
* Ensure that the development of architectures for complex systems leads to successful delivery and operation
* Review and approve all key architectural deliverables to ensure the solution is compliant with the architectural specification and the organisations standards
* Take responsibility for identifying, qualifying and mitigating risks associated with the solution, to ensure effective control of technical risks
* Maintain, apply and share a broad industry and technical awareness to maintain best practice and be a recognised subject matter expert within the organisation
* Communicate at both project and strategic levels with customers, suppliers and users both internal and external
* Assist in preparation of technical programme/project plans
* Monitor technical progress, informing project management of major technical issues and making recommendations on their resolution
* Where needed, deep dives into technical areas to solve specific solution design challenges
* Work effectively to produce quality solutions within business and project constraints
* Demonstrable business awareness with strong stakeholder management skills
* A proven track record in designing and delivering large-scale, complex systems and integration solutions
* Strong team building and mentoring skills within mixed teams internally and externally
* First class design skills including the ability to draw up specifications that could be effectively utilised by development teams offshore as well as onshore
* Demonstrable assistance in Architecture Reviews and Governance
* Demonstrable experience working with Solution Designers and other Project members to achieve Solution Objectives
* Demonstrable experience in preparing and presenting sound business cases and feasibility studies i.e. for ROI and TCO
* Demonstrable experience of implementation of a range of business solutions: Consultancy, Bespoke Development and Product Integration
* Demonstrable experience in IT Engagement Assessments from Ideas, Visions and Scope
* Demonstrable ability to propose and evaluate alternative business and technology solutions
* Ability to collaborate solutions with Enterprise Architecture and Architecture Contracts
* Ability to support Business Analysts in gathering business requirements
* Ability to architect solutions based on business requirements
* Ability to identify and support change management as projects are undertaken
* Ability to design solutions to uphold Legal, Commercial, Financial and Security Policies and Standards (e.g. PCI, FCA, SO, Data Protection/GDPR etc.)
* Certified or experienced in following the principals of one or more standard architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, BCS etc).
* Preparation and delivery of internal and external presentations
* Strong understanding of recent industry trends, including Cloud adoption
* Can apply design principles to solutions for SOA, EAI, APIs, Cloud, IAM etc.
* Strong experience in relational and NoSQL database platforms, application servers, SOA and integration technologies, microservices
* Can recommend appropriate delivery methodologies - e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid
* Experienced in modelling systems in UML, ArchiMate and other notations
* Proficient in modelling tools (e.g. SPARX)
Please click the APPLY button to apply for this role.
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time
Nerd of Fortune companies' highlight of the month:
Come work for a well-established technology company based in Washington State specializing in satellite communications throughout the world.
JPI Worldwide has sites / customers in Iraq, Afghanistan, and all over Africa at the present time, and have built a reputation for providing best-in-breed services in Information Technologies, IT Staffing, and Data Communications.
Click Here for info on JPI Worldwide
Logos Technologies LLC is a diversified science, engineering and technology company specializing in the fields of advanced sensors, wide area motion imagery, advanced analytics and processing of large, multi-source datasets. Logos serves government customers including the Department of Defense, Department of Energy and Department of Homeland Security, as well as a range of customers in commercial and international markets.
Click Here for info on Logos Technologies